Make a list of 5 things you’re afraid to write about.
1. This may seem almost like a cop-out answer; but this blog is number one. Broadcasting to the world that you will first blog every day in October, then write a book in November was terrifying! In the summation of this list, it gets second place for the amount of frightening. (I save the most frightening for last)
2. A post a couple days ago is a great example of this. But writing about things a believe in specifically, really scares me. I know a lot my “peripheral” or some would say “open handed” beliefs regarding my faith are somewhat different than most. I still write about them. But it is pretty scary. I always have to take a deep breath before clicking that fateful “publish” button!
3. Writing about things I feel unequipped to write about. I have had ideas for blogs with advice for parents. The problem is I do not have any children. Certain topics I feel like could come out in bad taste if one were to think “he has never been there, how
would he know” or “how does he have a right to talk to us about THAT” I have exactly the same fear regarding public speaking as well.
4. I am a fraid of writing something that misleads someone to make a bad decision. I hope I have never done that but I am sure that by the end of my life I will have done that at least once. We can’t all be 100% right 100% of the time. Especially those of us who dare to have an opinion.
5. More than anything, I am afraid of writing things no one will read. Things that will change the way no one thinks, the way no one acts. So, more than anyone, I am just afraid of no one. Thus all of this would just be big waste of time.